July is Ransomware Awareness Month, so we are offering this free Ransomware Awareness Month Resource Kit from our partner KnowBe4 to help you fight ransomware this month and beyond.
Ransomware is a form of malware that encrypts data when activated and demands a large amount of ransom paid by the organisation as the compensation for stolen data. Ransomware attacks are usually initiated by spear-phishing. Before launching an attack, hackers obtain information about potential targets from publicly available sources, such as social networks, and learn about their online habits. This makes potential targets more likely to open a malicious link.
Slovenian companies have also seen ransomware attacks that have brought business to a standstill and caused financial costs and damages. To fight ransomware, all users of IT systems need to educate themselves on cyber security and act in accordingly. Business owners and managers should have the interest to empower their users to be able to identify malicious content and report it to IT departments. As the nature of ransomware is different from traditional phishing attacks, it makes sense to systematically traing your employees and build strong cybersecurity and ransomware awareness.
Get your free toolkit and learn how ransomware has evolved, what new attack vectors you need to be prepared for, and our best advice on how to protect your organization.
The Ransomware Awareness Month Resource Kit includes:
- Access to a free on-demand Ransomware Master Class webinar featuring Roger Grimes, KnowBe4’s Data-Driven Defense Evangelist
- Their most popular whitepaper: Ransomware Hostage Rescue Manual and supplemental Attack Response and Prevention Checklists
- A 7-minute video that explains The Evolution and Future of Ransomware
- A new infographic on The Global Cost of Ransomware
- Posters and digital signage to remind users about what to watch out for