Cybersecurity consulting is more than a second opinion
Modern IT systems have become so large and complex that it is almost impossible to keep up with every-day changes that should be taken into account at the equipment and applications level. On the other hand, an increasing number of organisations is subject to legal regulations and standards that require compliance and an adequate level of cyber security. Security consulting is a complex and strategy-oriented service that helps you answer complex questions in cybersecurity management.
There are two possible paths to take in changing and improving cyber security:
- investment in new or additional security equipment; or
- optimising existing equipment and settings.
Each of these two options has its advantages. New security devices are certainly more precise in identifying and responding to security events on the network. However, they should be appropriately configured in the context of you IT system architecture. On the other hand, new devices represent a significant financial investment that is often difficult for CISOs to justify.
Optimising existing devices can significantly improve the maturity level of cybersecurity in a network at a low cost. This has proven beneficial especially in the environments where management decided to invest in a user awareness program and strengthen the outer line of defence.
Whether you decide to invest in security devices or optimise the existing architecture, make sure to consult an expert who will take a close look at your IT system and make recommendation for improvements.
When to invest in security devices and when optimise existing devices?
This question can only be answered after a thorough analysis of the IT system. The baseline for security consulting is the current cybersecurity level of the system. Based on the results of the analysis, we can assess whether the implemented security devices still serve their purpose and should only be updated or an investment in new equipment is necessary. The conclusion is always based on discussions and mutual agreement, taking into consideration your requests, goals, and the particularities of the IT architecture currently in place.
How do you benefit from security consulting?
Being experienced information security experts, we can offer advise on a wide range of topics related to the cybersecurity management within business environments.
- We conduct a state-of-the-art analysis by Critical Security Controls® (CIS), including targeted workshops for employees and interviews with the main stakeholders. The analysis will have an indication of the gap between the current and desired state of implemented controls across CIS.
- For organisations that already outsource penetration testing, we help you understand the penetration test reports. These reports can also help you make decisions about cyber security investments or optimising your existing architecture.
- We can review your existing information security management system policies (ISMS, BCP) and give you an opinion on whether the policies are appropriate or need updating based on the risks in your IT system.
- For organisations subject to various regulations, we can help you check compliance with or prepare your policies according to the legislation (e.g. GDPR, NIS, etc.) and standards (e.g. ISO 27001, ISO 22301, PCI DSS, etc.) at the time of implementation. In this area, a new regulation NIS2 is being introduced at EU level and covers a wider range of areas than NIS1 from an information security perspective. Contact us for support in complying with the new legislation.
- We can advise you on the issues and challenges that arise in relation to cyber security management. We focus on your IT system, so our response is specific to your situation.
- We help you develop cyber security management strategies, taking into account technology trends, the specifics of your industry, your local environment and your organisation.