The User’s Challenge
Users often wonder what they should do with a suspicious email that landed in their inboxes. Should they call a system administrator or forward the message right away? Or maybe delete the message and pretend it didn’t happen at all. By doing so, users also delete the alert they should send to administrators and let them know something unwanted happened. What is the right way to proceed? The Phish Alert Button.
KnowBe4 Phish Alert Button
The Phish Alert Button is a safe way to forward suspicious email messages to IT support. They can analyse it and delete it from the user’s inbox to avoid further exposure.
It supports Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 & Outlook for Office 365, Exchange 2013 & 2016, Outlook on the web (Outlook.com),the Outlook Mobile App (iOS and Android), and Chrome 54 and later (Linux, OS X and Windows)
- Reinforces your organization’s security culture.
- Users can report suspicious emails with just one click.
- IT support gets early phishing alerts from users, creating a network of “sensors”.
- The suspicious email is deleted from the user’s inbox to prevent future exposure.
- Easy deployment via MSI file for Outlook, G Suite deployment for Gmail (Chrome).
*You will be redirected to the KnowBe4 page where you submit the form and order the free tool.